ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
240V only in a home and NEC?
by emolatur - 05/18/24 06:12 PM
Electricians revenge
by gfretwell - 05/09/24 08:24 PM
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 27 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
I agree. Especially because it seems there are a few cable companies who will go around and replace all your connectors as a matter of course. I really don't know why then I would bother to supply connectors, plates and splitters when they will be discarded. I would just run the cable and put blank plates at the jack locations.

I know you guys want to know how to do some CATV stuff but it really is another trade and your work is not always appreciated when you do it.

-Hal

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

M
I agree that the cable company will do the best hookups, terminating, and testing. That bieng said, sometimes though when doing additions to existing houses it falls back to me to add cable outlets to the existing system. I use a really good terminating tool called the cable pro I got from ADI. Nowadays I no longer drag my little tv set around to test jacks because I am confident enough my crimper is making a good connection. But befor this purchase I used to use screw on connectors or worse yet the radio shack crimper tool and frequently those connectors were less than great. That is when my little tv set was really useful. If a particular jack had my tv set blurry I would re do the tv connectors at both ends to fix the problem. The customers were happy and I got paid. So if you want perfection bring in the cable company and their expensive testing equipment. If you want a tv test that passes Joe Customer's complaint test use my dvd - tv setup test before you leave the job and you won't need to come back.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard