Reno...

WRT labeling...

I was shocked at how often old work was not labeled. I simply presume that the boys ran out of time or it was no prority for their bosses.

In service work, just that alone has kept me on a job ten times as long as expected. The client had a fouled up lighting situation -- not to be believed. Based upon prior service electricians (my own fellows) the client expected that three days would get them by.

However, once the client's management found that I was mapping out all of their circuits, cleaning up all of the old work at the same time addressing dead high bays -- all over the place -- they wouldn't let me go.

The firm was making 'cake' from such a long service call. So my star was rising.

My advice to all service electricians is to leave the work looking better than when you found it. There is a LOT of trash work out there! Once you're on site, expand your scope of work, with permissions, which normally come fast and easy. Such work expansion never upsets your boss -- quite the opposite, in fact.

Tesla